This project is part of an experimental study of ethics in engineering and education of engineering and humanities students. The goal of the project is to deepen your understanding of the role of ethics and values in science and technology by having you work together in groups as “ethics consultants” for engineering students working on their Senior Design Projects (SDP).
Since this assignment is part of a research study, you must read and understand the informed consent information.
- First meeting with assigned SDP team. (Weeks 5-8)
- First meeting instructions (print and bring to meeting)
- First reflection paper, about first meeting – 600-1000 words (48 hours after meeting)
- Respond to emails from SDP team in the interim.
- Second meeting with assigned SDP team. (Weeks 10-13)
- Second meeting instructions (print and bring to meeting)
- Second reflection paper, about second meeting – 600-1000 words (48 hours after meeting)
- One representative from each team attends Senior Design Day (final week, date TBD, in the afternoon) to talk to teams and to rate posters.