Date & Time: Tues. 12/15, 8-10:45pm
Location: The usual place.
- Focused on critically analyzing pop culture representations of science
- Three questions (some will have options)
- Bring one book that you want to write about.
- Bring a solid writing implement + spare.
- No need for a blue book
Study up on tropes and themes we’ve discussed in class. The details of the individual texts won’t be central, except insofar as they help you explain the tropes and themes.
Questions to think about:
- What does the text tell us about how the author understands science or scientists?
- What does it say about how we as a society value science? What hopes/ideals we have for science?
- In what ways is the portrayal of science problematic? From a political, ethical, or historical point of view?
(These should seem familiar!)